Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Loud and Clear

On a recent Saturday afternoon, Paul and I took a little trip down south to New Hampshire for an errand.   Since we were there, we decided to explore a little, and found a cute little coastal town with a fort and lighthouse.   As we drove through the historic downtown, I captured this picture.



I don't know why it struck me, but I saw the street, and made Paul turn around and stop, so I could take the picture.   Fast forward about an hour (while still in New Hampshire), I looked up while we were at a stoplight and saw this vehicle.  I made a silly remark about finding another of the few Christians in Maine, and snapped a picture to prove it.



Being caught up in the errand, I was not making any connections.  Honestly, I wasn't even listening for the Lord's voice.   So, when I was checking my twitter account and saw Chris Quilala's tweet, I finally got the message.


Paul and I looked up Psalm 91 on our phones, and prayed it together over ourselves from the Message and New King James versions.   Below, I want to share it with you from the Passion Translation (thanks to my dear friend, Lin, for helping me find it).    Read it as a prayer that I'm praying for you, dear one, and let the Lord love you in a new way.  


Whoever lives within the secret shadow of Shaddai,
Hidden in the strength of God Most-High,
Will always be kept safe and feel secure!
Here's how I describe Him:
He's the Hope that holds me, and the Stronghold to shelter me,
The only God for me, and my Great Confidence.
Yes, He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy, 
And He will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse.
His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you.
You can run under HIs covering of Majesty and hide.
His faithfulness is a wrap-around shield keeping you from harm.
You will never worry about an attack of demonic forces at night,
Not have to fear a spirit of darkness coming against you.
Don't fear a thing!  Whether by night or by day.
Demonic danger will not trouble you.,
Not the powers of evil launched against you.
For God will keep you safe and secure, they won't lay a hand on you!
Even in a time of disaster with thousands and thousands being killed,
You will remain unscathed and unharmed!
You will be a spectator as the wicked perish in judgment,
For you will still be kept safe and secure!
When we live our lives within the shadow
Of the God-Most-High, our Secret Hiding Place,
We will always be shielded from harm!
How then could evil prevail against us, or disease infect us?
God will send His messenger-angels
With special orders to protect you wherever you go,
Defending you from all harm.
If you walk into a trap, they'll be there for you
And keep you from stumbling!
You'll even walk unharmed among the fiercest powers of darkness,
Trampling every one of them beneath your feet!
For here is what the Lord has spoken to me:
Because you have chosen to be my great lover,
I have chosen to greatly protect you.
I will set you in a high place,
Safe and secure before My face.
I will answer Your cry for help every time you pray,
And you will find and feel My presence.
Even in your time of pressure and trouble,
I will be Your glorious Hero and give you success!
You will be satisfied with a full life,
And with all that I do for you!
For you will feast Your eyes
On the fullness of My salvation,
Drinking deeply of Me!



No comments:

Post a Comment